Mother hen

Monday, March 2, 2015

Motherhood

The wait is finally over, after what seemed like an eternity, we finally got to meet our little girl a whole week early even. As I anticipated she came during a big snow storm along with 7 other girls that night. It's been a crazy mix of emotions and let me tell you motherhood is all consuming, filled with sleepless nights, and complete physical and mental exhaustion but like everyone tells you it's totally worth it, hours and days just fly past gazing at her endless amount of expressions and listening to all squeaks and groans she makes, I just can't get enough. Even in the godless hours of the night when my little angel turns into a nocturnal terrorist I still am so in love that even that doesn't get me regretting my decision to have her, well one or two really awful nights I may have questioned it but when the angel came back the next day I forgot all about it.

When I say it's consuming I mean it in every sense. I thought that I'd be able to do all of these things while she slept and that my life wouldn't change that much but I was wrong. My life is completely different and I honestly never thought I could care so much for someone else but I do. Those first few weeks you're so exhausted that even the thought of cooking dinner or cleaning wipes you out and if she's sleeping you better try to too or you'll regret it at 2 am while your little girl is screaming bloody murder and you've only had 4 hours of broken sleep to keep you going. 

You then start to wonder how you'll ever get your taxes done, or when you'll feel like writing a blog post, or even baking yourself something yummy. Slowly I'm starting to get used to the complete lack of sleep and am able to cook a nice meal or even go out for one. These moments are so fleeting and sometimes I'm grateful of that but they really are something to be treasured as well and I couldn't be happier to be able to experience them for myself, we are truly blessed despite all the poopie diapers and sleepless nights. Welcome little miss Mila, mommy and daddy love you to the moon and back.


~Megan~


No comments:

Post a Comment